|Tourism: Discover the Island of St. Martin|
|Articles about Lifestyle - Travel Destinations, Ideas & Tourism|
|Written by Anna Selner|
For 350 years, this small paradise island of the Caribbean has been divided into two states. The north of the island belongs to the French, while the south is owned by Dutch. Hence its dual names, Saint Martin and Sint Maarten. The island is cosmopolitan as it is composed of French, Dutch, Spaniards, Creoles and Latinos, which gives it its cultural richness. Do you plan to visit? Here’s a brief overview of major activities.
What to Do on the Island of St. Martin
Besides diving and various water sports, a few visits are not to be missed.
Five Reasons to Visit the Island of St. Martin
1. Friendly and safe, the island is easy to navigate, but it is advisable to rent a car.
2. The mixture of European and Caribbean cultures, with all the comforts of North America.
3. A cosmopolitan island! Two nations and over 80 other nationalities.
4. A great place for shopping, a wide choice of duty-free shops. Best Buys? Jewelry, perfumes, liquor, cigars and luxury goods.
5. For its excellent cuisine, it is recognized as a gourmet island in the Caribbean.
But ultimately, people come primarily for its beaches!
Interesting Fact about St. Martin:
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Tourism: Discover the Island of St. Martin
For 350 years, this small paradise island of the Caribbean has been divided into two states. The north of the island belongs to the French, while the south is owned by Dutch. Hence its dual names, Saint Martin...
© All texts are the propriety of Health and Happiness Magazine. Contact us if you want a permission for reproduction. Offenders